Bitsat discussion how to book slot etc

Answer given is 2, but according to me it should be 4, as total number of mill equivalents of base as 10, also total number of mill equivalents of acid is 10, so how the ph can go above 7?

Changed the name so that it will be helpful to juniors and also I think we will have a few more doubts.

1 Like

The graph changes shape at equivalence point if I remember correctly. So 2 is right.
Also, they just continued the graph (it doesn’t mean reaction is happening).

2 Likes

ok, I thought that, that thread( Response Sheets released by NTA + Discussion was discussing only wrong questions and not doubt

2 Likes

once ph 7 is reached it means all base is consumed by acid than why ph still increase?

2 Likes

Just to continue the graph, they gave it (It is misleading, but it is the best option in this case).

I think a second thread for only questions would be good. Because the other one is more discussion and chat type, ifywim.

1 Like

I didn’t expect it to be a doubt…I thought it was going to be another objection, so I asked.
I’ll delete the post @Hritik

1 Like

ok, so 4 is incorrect because graph changes before equivalence point

1 Like

Yes, I think that is the reason.

1 Like

I found similar argument on reddit where the poster said "the graph should be cut after reaching the equivalence point (here pH=7), since, it shouldn’t go over pH=7. The solutions should exactly neutralize.

It do not . pH goes beyond 7

how?

I don’t have the perfect explanation but I have a question which has the same point , I am trying to upload it but don’t know why it’s not getting uploaded

Q 2 Q
Ans 9.6

20200908_235147
Anyone got this?
Answer given is 8791.
@AshWin @Seshank @Hritik @manan_uppadhyay @Cooljet123 @Ishaan_Shrivastava @Amal-1

2 Likes

I tried to make sense of the constraints but I couldn’t… I haven’t done many questions on engines anyways, so the terminology used is a bit new to me. Jugaad se answer to aagya (8000x300/273) but I do not understand how we obtain this figure so it is of no value.

1 Like

Oh.
Then I will ask from my sir. I will post the solution here after he tells.
Thanks for trying.

1 Like

It uses the concept of coefficient of performance for refrigerator
If you want I will send the solution in afternoon

2 Likes

Was it in syllabus?
We were not taught this.