Casual Talks only

(Small printing mistake-it’s n tends to infinity) @Sanjay_S

In the exam answer was given as D. I thought it should be B. Most websites also say it’s B. Pl explain…

2 Likes

This orgamic one was on yesterdays mypat test too.
In Sn2 one inverted product is predominant but that doesnt make D the answer. Its a risky question.

1 Like

Right Bro…mypat test
What did you mark the answer as??

1 Like

I think it is B,becuase we know the nucleophile attacks the chiral carbon,The configuration is inverted with leaving group going away,and this inversion product should be of opposite optical rotation i.e., B.

1 Like

I marked B

1 Like

Thanks bro!! @Harish_R
Yeah, same @manan_uppadhyay
Don’t know why answer was D!

Guys please try the maths sum too(I didn’t know how to start only)

1 Like

Trying in some time. Aits na?

1 Like

Friend sent. Yes,i think so

1 Like

Manan correct me if i’m wrong coz I struggle with stereochemistry at times… Sn1 mei both backward attack and attack from front end are favorable (which would be option B). Sn2 mei backward attack is favorable? Therefore single stereoisomer? And hence D. I mean I answered D without checking below but I might certainly be wrong.

3 Likes

This word “often” doesnt reassure much but i think only inversion product is made.

1 Like

Ya bro… But even if the word often is not there? Assuming that the Sn2 reaction proceeds towards 100% completion, wouldn’t that mean only a single stereoisomer is formed?

1 Like

D should be only correct @manan_uppadhyay @Neel reason -as same given by @Seshank

1 Like

I am also confused , earlier i thought both stereoisomers are formed with inversion product as a significant major. I think u r right , it should be D .

1 Like

Bhai not getting don’t know why! The math question

2 Likes

bro whats the answer?

1 Like

Friend shared it…didn’t give the answer…I’ll update you if i get it Bro!!!

2 Likes

bro one thing since they’ve given ordered pair where sum is K^2 i highly doubt whether the statement is correct because infinite pairs will be possible

1 Like

I also have doubt , are they considering k to be perfect root(rational), then only question is correct.

1 Like

because its not necessary that k is rational ( condition not given )

2 Likes

please clarify this with your friend and let me know the condition for k
if it’s perfect square only then aaram seh hojayega

1 Like