Doubt from fluids

This is the concept behind this question…
Try using it…

1 Like

@LaveshGupta @fogx_gofx @Abhinav.08 @Gaurav_Singh @mihir
@AshWin @Navjeet_Kohli @Sanskar

Guys I thing there is error becoz given answer is (2,4) but i did it (1,4) but when i trasspassed it in google then the figure is wrong. and also it is question of DRILL ADV ALLEN So, are these type of errors rare or often

1 Like

Option 1 is wrong becoz point B is in the liquid…and pressure will be less than P⁰ . (concept of excess presaure)

Ok Bro agreed. But Radius of meniscus must be 2S/rho g h
@Abhinav.08

Bro Do U Know this Concept. I don’t know it.

@LaveshGupta
@Aastik_Guru
@Aswin24
@Rudra_d
ans is bd . how to get b

1 Like

Area x velocity = const.

Area decreases, velocity increases…then bernoulli (in first case)

3 Likes

@LaveshGupta
@Aswin24
@AshWin
@Rudra_d

help here

1 Like

11th Ka (A,D)?
12th Ka ( C )?

@Kshitijranaw

I will regret answering now cause I doubt my own approach

Can u prove how?

@Ishaan_Shrivastava both correct bro . pls give soln

Oookay finally I understood why my own approach worked. Sending in a few mins

1 Like

I have calculated the torque of the vertical pressure forces acting on curved surface, on point B.

The condition you have to put is that torque due to vertical pressure forces on both curved and flat sides of container + torque due to force exerted by A = 0

Horizontal forces Ka torque sum automatically zero aajata hai on both sides of container, you can try doing that numerically. So now what you have to do is balance the torque of all vertical forces on B. If you want me to send all of the calculations then pls wait, I am in a seminar sorry

@Kshitijranaw Sorry man! I came up late… I did them in test but I think they are now cleared by our friends

Can someone tell if this is correct?

This is the young-laplace equation for excess pressure.

Alternatively you can do the question without it also, by using the formula for excess pressure of a cylinder (S/R) and equating that to rho g h, the value of excess pressure at that point across interface.

How did you arrive at that answer?

I think maybe he was lazy and wrote same equation as for capillary tube. The figure in this question is not well defined (like we can’t find its volume) so idk how They expect us to find R