Is is multiple correct? @Achyut_Singh

I am getting ABD.

I hope this is not a fail.

5 Likes

I got ABD. I thought you can rewrite the rate law to get both A and D

3 Likes

intermediates hata ke rate law likh lo.

2 Likes

Uss se Rate = k [HNO2] [H+] [Br-] aa rahi hh.

1 Like

Please thora detail me batado mujhe kam aata h

1 Like

Bro, ye statement toh pata hai ki a reaction can’t be faster than it’s slowest step. So, we start by writing rate of slowest step, then we substityue the conc. of intermediates in the rate law equation we just wrote by the help of other two given equations.

I will send the written solution at 8 PM.

You can look at it this way:

RDS is the least favourable step, a bottleneck of sorts. You can visualize a tank of water with a tiny hole at the bottom, representing the rate determining step. Now, once water gets out of that hole, it immediately drops to the ground (which is comparable to what we see in sequential reactions, that all steps after RDS have no effect on the rate)

The two factors that affect water flow from out of the tank are the amount of water poured in(representing steps before RDS) , AND the width of your hole. Hence you need to start writing the RDS Ka rate law like you would for a first order reaction.

4 Likes

After you write the rate law in terms of the reactants of RDS, you can express the concentration of the intermediate reactants in RDS in terms of the original reacting species. Let me demonstrate with the example shown in the question

Sec, work in progress

Wait lavesh can you send the solution pls since u already offered to? @Binod

I write too slow

@Binod bro please send

1 Like

Oops sorry. Will send in 2-3 min or so

5 Likes

@Lavesh meri hi dusri ID hh (the phone which has better camera)

4 Likes