Organic Chemistry Doubts

plz help

1 Like

Assuming they are talking about the middle cc bond is the answer d?

1 Like

yes but why not c

2 Likes

Resonance to dono me hi hoga. And the factor that makes d win is the electronegativity difference between the carbon atoms.

3 Likes

bond distance is inversly proportional to percent s character
this also you can think
as sp and sp2 adjacent has more s character than sp and sp adjacent so the former has shorter bond

3 Likes

@Seshank ne Woh reso sir ki video bheji thi , he explained that Q beautifully , @LaveshGupta check solution of “Doubt from tests” thread. Sorry if i am late and this doubt is solved.

2 Likes

Yah, I saw that video, pretty much same as others said.

2 Likes

Sorry but I didn’t get what sir said correctly. He was talking about removing the bridge from the main ring and put it backwards, was it meant like this?

I’m really sorry, I can’t wrap my head around that part.
@AshWin @LaveshGupta @Seshank
Anyone?

1 Like

See this @KrishSharma. Kuch doubt hai to puch lena.
Maine jis post ko ping kiya uspe jao

3 Likes

Oh…so like when to try to change the configuration of one chiral carbon, automatically the other two will get changed, so they can’t have same configuration at any point. Is that right?

Sorry and thankyou. I haven’t tagged you cuz already I pestered you a lot for doubts :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

:rofl:

Ab doubt pe ate hai. Wo chiral ka configuration maine assume kiya tha. Basic thing is ek ko change kiya to dusra automatically change ho jayega. Ek ko constant rakh ke dusre ko change karne jayenge to molecule twist ho jayega.

3 Likes

Ha, ab samajh aya, thankyou guruji.:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Help guys
@everyone

What is the answer?

AB for sure but doubtful about C…
C should not go…
when gaseous products are formed(they escape) so rxn moves forward…but sodium ethoxide is a stronger base( theoritically stronger than Naoh) so it shouldn’t go…imo

1 Like

ABC? Not sure tho

Ans is only B :rofl:
Btw B wala reaction ni pata mujhe bata to koi

1 Like

Bro c wont come just checked my notes

1 Like

Bro A ayega pakka

AC nahi hoga for sure but I am not getting how B is right